Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...

Strange days indeed...

Today, there are officially 17 days until Christmas. It's snowed, there's white stuff all around like there should be, and there's a festive feeling in the air.

So why is it that people keep pulling me over in hallways and shopping courts to give me news they KNOW I don't want to hear? And they aren't even the slightest bit upset that it's bad news, they just say it and that's it. A smile, a handshake, a pat on the shoulder, and Merry Effing Christmas to you too.

Add to that the pressure at work (happens every December), and you can tell the mood I'm in. Normally, I'd have something scathingly sarcastic to say with a wink and a nod, but these people are clients, and I don't DARE offend them, even if they don't much care how they treat me. So I smile, I nod, and I go and buy a lottery ticket, and hope to heaven that I win the 16 million tonight. Because if I don't, quite frankly, I don't know what's going to happen. Actually, I do know what's going to happen, and it's bad.

SOMEBODY GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!

--
The True Samurai has only one judge of honour, and this is himself.
Decisions you make and how these decisions are carried out are a reflection of whom you really are.
You cannot Hide from yourself.
-The Bushido Code, Meiyo (Honour)

No comments: