Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bigtime Update!

Man, it's been a while!

So, I've had my operation, a year and a half ago at this point, and it's been a bit of a road back. I'm still having (few and farther between) bad days, but I'm a lot more like my old self, they guy I actually LIKE being.

I've gotten out of that hellish advertising sales job I was in, about a year ago, and that was probably one of the biggest reliefs I've ever felt. I genuine like the owner and his wife, but all I can say to the office person who feels that she is more important than she acutally is is that you reap what you sow, and sooner or later you'll feel the sting of Karma or whatever you want to call it. Personally I call it Divine Justice.

I work at a company that I'm glad to report is the best and highest paying job I have held to date, to the point where we're actually able to save money. I'm aiming for Down Payment on a NICE house if you know what I mean. Heck, in April, I bought a Montana minivan. Got a good deal on it, too...and got GOOD financing, no average trick if you've still got a bankruptcy on your credit report. The kids love it, and so does Mom. Dad? I still want a Porche 944 S4 Carrera, but I promised my wife I'd wait until I was making 6 figures. ;) And that's a possibility at this job! For the first time ever!

If you read some of my previous posts, you'll see some of the darkest thoughts I've ever had in my life. I genuinely believed I would not come off the table in OR. Glad I was wrong!

We're at a new church, another big relief. It was hard to leave the old one for me...I went there for 18 years, but...well, it was time for a change. They wouldn't change, so I did. I still have friends there, and we still have contact, but it was a pretty big source of stress as well, mostly because of some of the peoiple who just didn't get the whole illness thing. I was personally treated as an outcast, and my wife was treated like an outsider (at least that's how she felt). Our new church had us involved in the Choir after 2 weeks, now my wife is the Director of Christian Education, I'm the Webmaster, one of the head sound guys, the guy who keeps the music for the choir, you get the idea. I've never felt so much a part of anything.

So that's the last year or so...and man, I'm glad to be back. I missed me. :)

--
The True Samurai has only one judge of honour, and this is himself.
Decisions you make and how these decisions are carried out are a reflection of whom you really are.
You cannot Hide from yourself.
-The Bushido Code, Meiyo (Honour)

No comments: