Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Another Day, Another Dollar

I'm not having a good day.

I have to admit, I really don't feel well. I feel rather like I'm overheating, except my toes, which are freezing. I have this headache I've had since I woke up on Monday (not a hangover, I promise), and there's sweat on the back of my neck. I'm beginning to wonder if the Surgeon's office is ever going to call to schedule my bloodwork. They were very quick with the CAT scan and X-Ray (less than a week, and that's somewhat of a miracle in Ontario), but nothing since then. I know no news is good news, but this is starting to wear thin.

Add to that, the idea that one of my major clients is not giving me the information I need to do the job for them in a timely fashion. With blood pressure of 170/110 baseline these days, I'm amazed I haven't stroked out or something.

I guess there's a small upside...I work from home, and no one cares what I look like on the phone as long as the job gets done. If I have to go out, that's fine, I can get dressed. I have to admit, I get a small charge out of talking business with some of my potential advertisers in my housecoat and flip-flop sandals. And I doubt my boss cares too, as long as I'm ON the phone prospecting for new business for him. Ah, contract work...

All in all, I guess it's not as bad as I first thought.

After all, I'm sitting up, and that's an improvement from the weekend.

And even if I couldn't, I can use the laptop and do SOME work from bed.

Not a bad state of affairs if you don't mind feeling like you're being warmed over in the microwave...that is, heated from the inside out...

I guess there's always air conditioning.

No comments: