Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Overcomers, Inc. - The WHY...

Revelation 3:19-22 "Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." (NASB)



Revelation 3:20 is a popular verse when we share Christ with people. In fact, it is one of the verses that was shared with me at the time I became a new creation (it pushed me over the edge!). However, it was written to the church, His body, His followers. The context here is Jesus speaking to His church about their complacency and apathy. He promises that to those who will shake off dull sloth, that they will sit on His own throne! Let us be those that are not complacent in the face of a world that has grown cold toward God.


---
"You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
-John 8:32 (NASB)

No comments: